Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day

So this is my first official, impromptu freezer cooking day. We had bad ice last night which gave us a snow day today so no school!

My friend Laura is coming over to make bagels but i decided to make it into a freezer cooking adventure since the bagels take a long time in between steps.

Here's my plan:
Bagels (as done by smitten kitchen)
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes (x2)
Taco "meat" (I got a good deal on boca ground "meat" yesterday at Target)
Pizza Dough in the bread machine
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
Banana Bread

So far Laura made the pancakes, while the dough was in the machine for the bagels. Then I made the taco meat and vacuum sealed it. Then we sealed up the pancakes and portioned our bagels for the 1st rise.

Then my husband left (but on the way out slipped on the ice down our stairs and dislocated his shoulder again :-( Shortly after this our friends Kayla and Matt got to our house. They started the movie UP while we finished the bagel process. Then I dumped the pizza dough ingredients in the machine. As I did I realized that we were out of yeast so the cinnamon rolls weren't going to happen (I guess this happens on impromptu freezer days!)

So we finished the bagels and everyone tried some. I was about to use the defrosted chicken to make the casserole when we all decided to take a little over an hour field trip to Charlottesville tonight to go to Mellow Mushroom Pizza! So my day has come to and end...

BUT

we have another snow day tomorrow so who knows what else we will get done!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment