Monday, October 17, 2011

Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge

Courtney over @WomenLivingWell is again running the Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge.

This challenge will run through the month of October.

This week's challenge is this:
Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen – the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.

I participated in this challenge last year and I loved lighting the candle each day. My husband and I both love candles, the smell, the sight, everything, so in anticipation of dong this again I bought a big old Yankee Candle when they were BOGO free at Hallmark. My scent this fall is Autumn Wreath, they seem to last much longer than the generic candles and burn more. I also splurged a bit and went to Bath and Body Works and picked up some fall wall flowers like cinnamon sugared donuts, leaves, apple crumble, pumpkin caramel latte, and creamy pumpkin, along with a few candles. The cinnamon sugared donut is in now and smells impeccable.

I put our candle on our dining room table which this year is more decorated than last year and helps our home to feel more cozy through the seasons.

Praying for something daily can have a big impact for such a small thing. It is in the back of our minds if we are praying it daily, it reminds us to choose peace. As wives (and mothers) we have a great deal of influence when it comes to the tone of our homes. Will we choose peace, or choose anger, frustration, stress, blame, or whatever else feels good in the moment. I am striving to choose peace no matter how crazy our home is this time of year. Small time-outs, small simple reminders like pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, homemade applesauce, and a yummy-smelling candle.

What will you do to choose peace in your household this fall? How will you make your home haven?

Holly

wlw

No comments:

Post a Comment