Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cutie Cupcakes


Although they do look a bit valentine's day-ish These are the cupcakes I made for my small group girls for youth group last night (my husband and I are leaders for the youth group at our church--his small group got some too).

I just love pink so I don't care if it's February or not! Anyway, I've been waiting to use these pearl nonpareils and needed to use up the box cake mix so I made these chocolate covered cherry cupcakes and decorated them. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cupcakes
1 box of dark chocolate cake 3 eggs 1/2C + 1/3 C water 1 jar maraschino cherries buttercream/vanilla icing Prepare the cake mix as directed, replacing 1/2 C water with the juice/syrup from the cherries. My box mix called for 1 1/3C water so I put the cherry juice in my liquid measuring cup up to 1/2 and then added water until it reached 1 1/3 C (or 1/2 + 1/3 C water).

Bake the cupcake as directed. (I like to fill mine over 3/4 full so they are pretty and plump out of the muffin pan).

While they bake finely chop about half the cherries (more if you like it very flavorful) to the icing and mix. (you can add red food coloring as well if you use food coloring)

After the cupcakes cool, ice them. I added the pink pearl nonpareils to make them extra pretty.
Alternative: Drop a cherry into each muffin tin after adding the batter- it will make a surprise filling for your cupcake! ENJOY! Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment